Friday, September 18, 2009

What happened?




I went for a walk this morning at around 4am and I was stunned at some of the things that I saw. There was homeless people everywhere, every corner, some were sleeping, some were going thru the garbage on the side of the road, I even saw a woman with a kid asleep on top of a few boxes. It was cold out. I felt awful. They had no blanket. I went back to my hotel and got a  little blanket that was given to me that I always use on planes, walked back and laid it on this little kid. So now, thanks to MJ Taylor, that kid has a blanket. Why cant a mother and a child in one of the most populated cities in the US get something to keep warm with but we can throw stuff 6000 miles overseas, feed them, clothe them, educate them, and then accidentally, kill some of them. Not that I think its wrong to send food overseas to another country, but wouldnt you make sure your own kids were fed before you feed someone else's??? Just sayyin!!!

0 comments: